In addition to creating a warm and welcoming environment, we want our patients to feel comfortable with our staff as well. We can answer any questions you have regarding dental implants or any of the other services we offer. Read along and get to know our staff. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Altschuler.
Meet Dr. Altschuler
Dr. Altschuler specializes in periodontics and implantology. After receiving degrees from the University of Florida and Tufts University School of Dental Medicine he practiced for two years as a general dentist. Dr. Altschuler then furthered his training by studying periodontics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Altschuler is certified by the American Board of Periodontology and the Board of Dentistry in Florida. He has also served as a Clinical Instructor at Tufts University and as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Florida. Dr. Altschuler has also acquired certifications and memberships with many accredited associations such as:
- Certification from The American Board of Periodontology
- Certification from the Board of Dentistry in Florida
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- President of the Florida Association of Periodontists (2013)
- Past-president of the Alachua County Dental Association
- Served as a Clinical instructor at Tufts University
- Served as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Florida
- Member of the American Academy of Periodontics
- Member of the Southern Academy of Periodontics
- Member of the Florida Association of Periodontics
- Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Florida Dental Association
- Member of the Central District Dental Association
- Member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
Meet Our Friendly Staff
Anita – Office Manager
Anita has been with Altschuler Periodontic and Implant Center since its opening in 1994, and is also a member of the American Association of Dental Office Managers.
Karla – Certified Dental Assistant
Graduated from Santa Fe College, Karla has been apart of the practice since 2001 and is the implant coordinator and lead assistant. Karla understands all aspects of dental implants and will be happy to answer your questions.
Krista – Registered Dental Hygienist
Krista is also a graduate of Santa Fe College, and has been with us since 2001. Krista is determined to provide the best service to our patients.
Beth – Financial and Insurance Coordinator
Beth is knowledgeable in the fields of insurance coverage and other financial matters, and is also a member of the American Association of Dental Office Managers. Beth enjoys helping demystify the financial side of our office for patients.
Lisa – Registered Dental Hygienist
Lisa graduated from Santa Fe College, and enjoys attending to her patients with an open, caring attitude.
Sharelis – Certified Dental Assistant
A graduate of Santa Fe College, Sharelis is bilingual and experienced in all angels of our office and patient care during treatments.
Interested in Dental Implants? Contact Us!
If you’re missing one or more teeth, we highly recommend dental implants through Altschuler Periodontic and Implant Center. With our experienced staff and Dr. Altschuler’s background in successful implant training and application, you can rest assured that your smile is in good hands. Contact us today to schedule a consultation, where Dr. Altschuler can assess your oral health and determine if dental implants are right for you.